“Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.”
A lot of peoples were asking me that How could I got the time to write a book
“Life-Planned or Unplanned”
even after such a busy schedule. So I will explain the secret of my time mangement here by suggesting to reduce one bad habit of today’s generation i.e Digital distraction.
I tried few concepts, where I manage my time by reducing my screen time. Today in this blog I will share my secrets here,as how to reduce screen timing.
In today’s world, we are constantly bombarded with digital distractions. Whether it’s social media notifications, emails, or just mindlessly scrolling through our phones, digital distractions can be incredibly disruptive to our daily lives. However, with a little bit of effort and intentionality, it is possible to beat digital distractions and stay focused on what really matters. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
- Set boundaries: One of the most effective ways to beat digital distraction is to set clear boundaries around your digital use. This could mean turning off your phone during certain hours of the day, disabling notifications for certain apps, or designating specific times to check email or social media. one must understand that these sites or social media are created by humans to use them and not to get used by these social sites.
- Use productivity tools: There are a variety of productivity tools available that can help you stay focused and minimize digital distractions. For example, apps like Freedom https://freedom.to/ or Cold Turkey https://getcoldturkey.com/ can block certain websites or apps for a set period of time, while tools like Forest use gamification to incentivize staying off your phone.
- Practice mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness can help you become more aware of your digital habits and the impact they have on your life. Try taking a few minutes each day to meditate or engage in deep breathing exercises. This can help you stay centred and focused, even when distractions arise. Remember a healthy body resides in a healthy and calm brain.
- Create a distraction-free environment: If you find yourself constantly distracted by your digital devices, consider creating a distraction-free environment. This could mean setting up a dedicated workspace where you only use your computer or phone for work-related tasks, turning off your phone or putting it on silent when you’re trying to focus. Just remember that the makers of mega software or big tech companies have restricted their kids to use digital devices.
- Prioritize your time: Finally, it’s important to prioritize your time and focus on what really matters. Make a list of your top priorities for the day or week, and focus on those tasks first. By prioritizing your time, you’ll be less likely to get sidetracked by digital distractions. One must understand his/her own priorities, if your priorities are with the usage of social media, only then use it. else use your time for your own betterment.
Even the most frustrated people are the parents, who are worried that why their kids are on their mobile phones or extensively using their gadgets and are facing problems with daily use. A lot of kids are suffering from dry eyes, Myopia, Autism etc. before restricting our own kids to use gadgets, we must reduce our own usage. Only then we can reduce the screen timings of our future generations.
In conclusion, beating digital distractions requires a combination of intentionality, mindfulness, and the use of productivity tools. By setting clear boundaries, creating a distraction-free environment, and prioritizing your time, you can stay focused on what really matters and achieve your goals without getting bogged down by digital distractions. Only then anyone can use his/her time on his passion and responsibilities also. So plan your time to plan your future.
Need of the hour